Tuesday 12 April 2011

Swatches & Review: MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick Full Speed

Hello darlings!

I haven't been feeling all that great these past few days, hence the lack of posts. I haven't been able to take many pictures lately, partly due to lack of sunlight and partly because I simply wasn't feeling up to it. However, I did swatch a lipstick I bought just last week.




This is from MAC's Sheen Supreme line and it's in the colour Full Speed. This is slightly brighter and more orange-toned in real life.

I have to say, I wasn't planning on buying this lipstick. I've been eyeing the Sheen Supreme lipsticks ever since they came out, but kept telling myself that I don't need one, because a) I'm not really into the whole glossy-shiny-juicy lips and b) the only colour that really intrigued me was the red and I have way too many red lipsticks as it is. (I suspect this is me making up for my general dislike of red polishes.) Ironically, when I first saw the display of them, Full Speed was the first colour I picked up to swatch on the back of my hand.

Anywho. Now that spring is here and summer is within reach I started craving corals. (I think OPI Cajun Shrimp is a must for me this summer.) I recently bought a couple of coral-y polishes and blushes, but no lip products. I do admit, Full Speed seemed more orange to me in the store than it did when I put it on, but it's still absolutely gorgeous. I like the slick, glossy texture and am really impressed by the colour intensity; despite the glossy finish, it's not overly sheer. However, wear time is, unsurprisingly, extremely short on this.

It's a loud, bold colour that will probably make people stare at your mouth, especially if your skin is as fair as mine (for reference, on most days I'm slightly lighter than NW15.). I wore this the other day with minimal makeup and messy beachwaves and it looked amazing. This makes for a beautiful pop of colour with an otherwise neutral face, but would also look stunning with a light smokey eye, I think.

One thing I would say, though, is that these don't apply as precisely as other MAC lipsticks. They are broader and can thus be a little hard to control. I have rather full lips, so it's not a problem for me, but if you have smaller lips you might want to be careful with these. Not a major concern, but still something to consider before buying, I think.

I know, I started out blogging about polish, but my polish obsession is much more recent than my love for makeup. I will probably not post about makeup as much, simply because I loathe taking pictures of the products, but you can expect more to come. (Perhaps I really should get a youtube channel for the makeup reviews. What do you guys think?)

I hope you guys enjoyed this and that it was helpful. Let me know what you think and if you'd like to see more makeup swatches/posts in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment