Wednesday 21 September 2011

Pink Wednesday: Kiko 237

Hello lovelies! :)

I hope you're all having a good week so far. I'm still stuck at home, ill. Ugh. Anyhow. It's Wednesday, and you all know what that means...

This is one of the Kiko polishes I made my dad bring back from Barcelona (isn't he awesome? :D) and I freaking love it. It's got the number 237 (am I the only one who hates when polishes have no names? I could look it up on the website, but I'm too lazy.) and it's one of their "sparkle touch" ones. I think these were meant for layering, because they are very sheer, but I wanted to try and wear this on its own.

I started out with a base of two coats of OPI Ridge Filler, then I added three coats of Kiko 237. Application was alright: I really like the Kiko brushes, but the formula was definitely on the thin and runny side. One thing I did notice was that drying time was insanely long on this. I ended up adding a second coat of Seche Vite after a couple of hours, which solved the problem. (This reminds me... I had the same problem with that one scented Revlon polish. I'm wondering if it's because of the Ridge Filler? Anybody else experience something like this?)

Enough talking. Here's the pretty!




Do I really need to explain why this is awesomesauce? The multicoloured sparkles, the way it lights up in sunlight, the way it's a bit of a chameleon (going from pale to bright), the gold that makes it look like it's on fire.... Such a beauty. <3 I can't wait to layer with this!

What do you lovelies think? Do you own any Kiko polishes? Are you wearing pink today? :)

4 comments:

  1. That is a very gorgeous nail polish! :) I don't have any KIKO nail polish but I heard that a KIKO store is about to open near where I live so I can't wait to see it! I'm not into pink wednesdays, I'm actually taking the 31 days contest :P but anyways, the only thing I could think of when I read your post was: I wish my dad would buy me nail polishes :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! And sparkling :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiko polishes actually do have names! Not on the bottles but on their website. This one has a simple one: Sparkle glitter red. Not my kind of colour to be honest, but I really like the brand. I have mostly cremes and they are a dream, and a couple glitters, too, and they last so long on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Akuma Kanji: Lucky you to soon have a store near you! You should definitely check them out - great quality for a very decent price! Haha, yes my dad can be pretty awesome ;)

    @Biba: It's awesomely sparkly isn't it? :D

    @Simona: Ooh, good to know! I do love when polishes have names lol. I only have one creme (the glitters just seemed more unique to me), but I agree, they last quite long!

    ReplyDelete