Monday 7 March 2011

NOTD: Catrice London's Weather Forecast - Swatches & Review

Today I'm showing you a polish from a brand I only recently discovered: Catrice, in the colour London's Weather Forecast.

In the pictures below you see two coats over Orly Bonder and with a coat of Seche Vite on top.

  
As you can see, London's Weather Forecast is a warm, slightly blue-toned medium/dark grey cream with subtle silvery grey shimmer. The second picture is more colour accurate, it's not nearly as purple as it looks in the first! The shimmer is much more prominent in the bottle, but sadly it doesn't translate onto the nail very well. It's still very visible when the sunlight hits it, though.

The colour, while it's definitely a very nice colour, isn't really something to write home about (at least in my book). The formula, however, is. As I said, I only recently discovered that this brand is available at a local store and, for about 2,50€ per bottle, I didn't expect very much. I still picked up a few colours that interested me and now I'm absolutely in love! Catrice polishes glide on smoothly and effortlessly and most of them are nearly opaque in one coat. London's Weather Forecast is definitely the sort of polish where you could get away with one coat, depending on how thick and even you do your coats.

Application and formula were great - not too thick and not too thin. I also really like the brush; it's very soft and not too wide, but wide enough to pick up a good amount of polish. Drying time is fairly short, too.

All in all, great polish. I probably wouldn't repurchase this particular colour, but that's simply because I dislike warm toned greys on me. I will, however, continue buying Catrice polishes, because their formula is just perfect! Kudos to Catrice for selling awesomeness in a bottle for such a reasonable price!

(You may expect an in-depth review about Catrice nail polishes, and possibly some of their other products, once I've tried them all out.)
Hope everybody's week started out well! ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment