Friday 25 March 2011

NOTD: Illamasqua Stagnate - Swatches & Review

Hello pretties :)

Today I've got Illamasqua nail varnish in Stagnate for you. This was recently released with their Toxic Nature collection and is one of the two shades I bought.



This wouldn't photograph colour accurately; I'd say in person it's somewhere between those two pictures. The best way I can think of to describe this is purple chocolate. It reminds me of the homemade chocolate pudding my grandma used to make when I was little. She'd put half a pear on top and decorate it with raisins and almonds to make it look like a little mouse. (Also, am I the only one who thinks of Sherlock Holmes when reading the name? "My mind rebels at stagnation", anyone? No?)

But yeah, aside from making me nostalgic and all warm and fuzzy inside, this is a really great polish. I'd call it a creme, but it has a sort of squishy, jelly kind of finish, which I just adore. The formula on this - as I've come to expect from Illamasqua - was perfect. Application was a dream and it was opaque in two coats.

I hope everybody has a lovely Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment