Friday 11 March 2011

Swatches&Review: Models Own Blooboo, Nyla Nude & Concrete Mixer

Models Own has recently released six new colours and these three caught my eye. They arrived this morning and I couldn't wait to swatch them. Really excited to show you these!

I took two pictures of each polish; one inside in indirect sunlight and one outside in direct sunlight.



Blooboo is a gorgeous light blue cream. It has this beautiful blue shimmer in the bottle, but sadly it doesn't show up on the nail at all. It's also a bit darker/brighter than it appears in the bottle. It's a bit thick, but not uncomfortably so. I did experience a bit of bubbling with this one, but that's what you get for dropping the bottle. Loving this colour!




Nyla Nude is a fleshy, peachy nude cream. I am absolutely in love with this one. Finally a peachy nude that suits my skin tone! Again, a bit of bubbling caused by accidentally shaking the bottle (i.e. being clumsy and dropping them all).



Concrete Mixer is a light grey with green-brown undertones. Sort of murky. Muted, but not a pastel. It's a very strange colour. But when have I ever not loved strange? Meaning, I adore this colour with every fibre of my being and am actually wearing it right now. Who cares what you'd call this colour; it's super beautiful. And it makes me think "posh!" and want to speak with a British accent. What's not to love? (Except for my terrible British accent.) Definitely my favourite of the bunch!

These were all two coats of polish, no base or top coat. The formula on all of these was very good and easy to work with. I found that, while Blooboo was a little on the thick side and Concrete Mixer a little on the thin side, Nyla Nude was right in the middle. However, I didn't have any trouble with any of them. As I've come to expect from Models Own creams, these were perfectly opaque in two coats.

You can order these and other colours for £5.00 here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Blooboo and Concrete Mixer colours, not so sure about the Nyla Nude though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Charlotte - I think Nyla Nude is one of those love/hate colours. Personally, I love it, but can see why others would hate it. x

    ReplyDelete