Friday, 18 November 2011

14 Days Of Achtung Baby: Love Is Blindness

As promised, here is today's second post, which is also the last song-inspired Achtung Baby manicure. I'm actually a little bummed right now, because I only remembered that I work tomorrow and have to wear nude polish AFTER I was done with the nail art. :( Oh well.

Love Is Blindness

"a little death without mourning"



Love Is Blindness, the last song on the album; it's slow and mournful and leaves me a little breathless. Inspired by Edge's failing marriage love is depicted as almost a weakness, a flaw. It's achingly beautiful and the perfect ending to an album that feels painfully personal and private. (As Bono said in From The Sky Down "We spent most of the 80's throwing rocks at other people, we spent the 90's throwing rocks at ourselves".)

My main inspiration came from the lines "love is clockworks and cold steel, fingers too numb to feel squeeze the handle, blow out the candle, blindness" and "thread is ripping, the knot is slipping". I know I could have done more with this, but I kind of wanted to keep it vague. :)

Products I used:
Catrice Midnight Express
Catrice London Weather Forecast
Catrice Amazonian Gold
China Glaze Liquid Leather
a england Perceval
+ artist brushes, white striper polish and topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment