Monday 9 May 2011

Swatches & Review: Color Club Alter Ego

Hello lacquered lovelies!

Today's post is a little late for several reasons. I had a killer headache last night and couldn't sleep until well into the morning, then I screwed up my new mani and had to redo my nails and then I was cranky and decided to bake. The kitchen looked like a battlefield and I was covered in flour and molten chocolate. Now that everybody is unstickyfied (when I start making up words I know it's time to cut back on the sugar and the caffeine) again I finally have time to blog.

Another one of the Color Clubs I ordered recently; Alter Ego.


Alter Ego is a plum-based foil that flashes silver, copper and gold depending on how the light hits it. The plum base colour is really barely visible in the shade and under artificial light. I love the effect. <3

I used three coats for these pictures and a coat of Seche Vite. (Do excuse the tipwear, but I wore this for a couple of days in the hopes that I'd finally get some sunlight. Which I did, so yay!) The formula was nice, if a bit on the thin and sheer side. This kind of finish is definitely very forgiving of any polishing mistakes, which I totally love.

And, as if I needed any other reason to love this polish, it reminds me of U2's ZOOTV tour in the 90's. It looks like someone threw The Fly's, The Mirrorball Man's and Mr. MacPhisto's suits into a pot, melted them and this is what they ended up with. Would explain why it's called Alter Ego. Heh.

Here, have some awesomeness:


:D

No comments:

Post a Comment