Friday 8 April 2011

Friday Favourites: Essie Up's

Hello lovelies!

As you can see in the title of this post, I'll be posting one of my favourite products every Friday. These will include current flings and long-time lovers alike. :)

Today I have for you one of my favourite red polishes: Essie Up's.


This is three coats of Up's and a coat of Seche Vite on top (on the third-ish day of wear, hence the scratches and semi-dull surface....I'm not really making the best case for this polish here, am I?). Excuse the not-so-great pic; took this really quickly on my way out. (Also, yes, my skin is actually that pale.)

As you can see, Up's is a rich, blue-toned red jelly. I'm not much of a red person, to be honest, and the reds I do like are usually shimmers or glitters, but every once in a while I'll crave a rich red polish. This is one of the very few reds I have and the only one I wear regularly. (Jellies own my soul, even when they're a pain to apply.)

I love to wear this with Illamasqua lipstick in Box. Makes for a pretty awesome retro, diva/pin-up-esque makeup!

Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I wishI could wear that color :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, this is a wonderful IN YOUR FACE red ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schöne rote Farbe, passt dir super! :) Sieht dem Nagellack Essie Limited Addiction sehr ähnlich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sonidlo: Thank you! xx

    @Christina: Meh. I wish I could wear those gorgeous pinks you can wear, so shut up. ;P

    @FOREVER '92: That's why I love this polish. It's in your face without being bright!

    @ritterbraten: Dankeschön :) Das dachte ich auch als ich deinen Post gelesen habe, aber Up's transformiert sich leider im Schatten nicht so schön.

    ReplyDelete