Wednesday 13 April 2011

Swatches & Review: OPI The One That Got Away

Hello ladies!

Today I have OPI The One That Got Away from the Katy Perry collection for you. I know, I'm way late in  posting swatches of that collection, but, and I think I mentioned this on Twitter a while back, the Katy Perry collection only became available a few weeks ago here in Austria. It does tend to take collections (especially from US companies) a bit longer to get here (Essie Spring collection, I'm still waiting for you.), but this surprised even me. Thankfully I could get my hands on all the polishes I wanted in the end (the only one I didn't get was the yucky pale pink glitter. Seen it look pretty on others, but on me these kinds of colours look gross.). I'm not sure if I'll end up swatching the others as well, since all of you have probably seen them tons of times by now. Not to mention I have a bunch of other polishes to swatch and post that I think are way more exciting than a months old collection. We'll see.

Anyway, on to the pictures!



The One That Got Away is a gorgeous raspberry colour with loads of crazy sparkly microglitter (Do you see all those awesome colours the glitter flashes in?!). I feel like this looks more muted in these pictures than it actually is. It's dark, but definitely not muted in person. The glitter in this is really dense and applies evenly on the nail.  This is two coats, no base or top coat. As you can see, this dries very smooth and super shiny on its own so top coat isn't necessary. One thing I would say is that the formula on this is thinner than on the other polishes from this collection, but it still glides on effortlessly.

I know, not a very exciting post, but the weather still isn't cooperating so I'm digging through older swatches and posting them. Sorry guys. :|

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment