Thursday 21 April 2011

Swatches & Review: Catrice I Wear My Sunglasses At Night

Hello pretties!

Today I'm showing you another polish by Catrice; I Wear My Sunglasses At Night. I wore this last Monday to the One Republic concert in Vienna, because it sort of reminded me of the cover of their album Waking Up. This polish looks UH-MAY-ZING in the bottle. The name makes me grin. It reminds me of one of my favourite bands. I was loving this long before I ever put it on.

And then I made the mistake of actually putting it on.




Application was perfect. Smooth and easy and opaque in two coats. But when it started to dry it got kind of dull; I didn't think much of it since I always use topcoat anyway. But this ate my freaking topcoat. Usually Seche Vite leaves me with super shiny, smooth nails, but this just soaked it all up and stayed dull and semi-gritty. There was funky shrinkage and tip pulling going on all over the place. Maybe this is just a weird reaction to Seche Vite, but I manage to dent my manis even when I use quick dry top coat, because I'm so impatient. Waiting for the polish to dry on its own? Yeeeeeaaaaaahno.

It's a bummer really, because this polish has so much potential. It's a black creme packed with silver, green and purple microglitter that flashes red and gold at some angles. Unfortunately it's not nearly as sparkly on the nails. The black creme base is too opaque to let the glitter really shine through. (Do enlarge the pictures to see the awesome sparkle in the bottle. It's gorgeous. Well, it would be gorgeous.)


Sorry, but this is one of the most disappointing polishes I've ever used.

Did you ever buy a polish that looked amazing in the bottle, but looked like crap when applied?

No comments:

Post a Comment